Alec Baldwin Claims Donald Trump Was Invited Back To ‘SNL’ This Year

05.03.17 5 months ago 3 Comments

NBC

Nearly seven million people tuned in to watch Donald Trump host SNL in 2015, making it the show’s highest-rated episode in over three years. But was the increase in viewership worth giving a platform to a man who, months prior, accused Mexicans of being drug-smuggling rapists (and that’s not even in the top-100 most offensive things the president’s ever said)? No, but despite the protests, petitions, and a website offering $5,000 to any audience member who heckled Trump during his monologue, SNL went through with it.

And according to Alec Baldwin, it almost happened again earlier this year.

On Wednesday’s Ellen, Baldwin — whose episode in February actually beat Trump’s in the ratings — told host Ellen DeGeneres, “I can’t imagine what it would be like if I met him [now], if I ran into him.” He continued, “When we did the show, when I hosted SNL this season, we asked him to come. We invited him to come, we were so hopeful he would come, but he didn’t show up.”

Since hosting SNL, Trump has been more than happy to explain how miserable he was the last time he visited Studio 8H. “They have 100 writers,” the president told Bill O’Reilly (R.I.P.). “I walk into the room, there are 100 – and they’re all about 17 years old, OK? They’re all young and all up in your face.”

Around The Web