Before he sits opposite Stephen Colbert for an interview, Donald Trump stopped by The Tonight Show for presumably a more friendly time with Jimmy Fallon. The first portion actually shows a surprisingly less bombastic Trump reflecting on 9/11, the fact that he’s actually leading the polls, and taking time to address the not-so-divisive issue of fixing health care for veterans. He also brought up the Iran deal and filling up multiple stadiums full of supporters, but overall not as ridiculous as I would have expected for Trump’s return to NBC.
This second portion, however, is more of the bold, content providing Trump that we’re used to covering on this site.
- On targeting a particular opponent at the debates: “To me, they’re all the same.”
- On apologizing: “I think apologizing is a great thing, but you have to be wrong […] I will absolutely apologize in the hopefully distant future, if I’m ever wrong.”
- On his infamous stance on immigration: “Ultimately, it turned out that I was right.”
- On building a wall across the Mexican border: “We may build it with immigrant labor. It’s gonna be a great wall.”
- On using DJ Khaled’s “All I Do Is Win” as theme: “It happens to be 100% true.”
And of course, we weren’t getting Trump on The Tonight Show without Fallon busting out his impression. As expected, things stayed classy, luxurious, and huuuuuuuuuuuuge.