Jazmyn Simon is an actress best known for portraying Julie Greane on HBO’s Ballers, which returns for its second season on Sunday, July 17. Jazmyn was nice enough to take a few minutes out of her busy schedule recently to answer a few questions from us.
1. You walk into a bar. What do you order from the bartender?
Lately, Moscow Mule but please put it in that copper mug. Thank you!
2. Who’s your favorite person to follow on Twitter and/or Instagram?
@HungryHugh on IG because he posts food and I’m greedy as hell and dream of churros daily.
3. What’s currently waiting for you on your DVR?
The Americans. I heard it was so good but have yet to start it. You know what, I’m about to start watching now. BRB.
4. It’s your last meal — what are you going out with?
A big bowl of Gumbo (I’m a creole girl, what can I say) if you don’t know what it is look it up. YUM.
5. What websites do you visit on a regular basis?
It’s a toss up between Moda Operandi and William Sonoma. I’m literally on William and Sonoma every night before I fall asleep and have stuff in the virtual shopping cart right now.
6. What’s the most frequently played song on your mobile device?
All I Ask by Adele (25).
7. If you could go back and give your 18-year-old self one piece of advice what would it be?
GIRL STOP CRYING! He is NOT worth it!!
8. What’s the last thing you Googled?
Sam’s Green Paw, for my adorable bad ass dog, Ginger.
9. Dogs or cats?
DOGS! Allergic to cats! Plus I have sweetest, naughtiest red toy poodle (see above mentioned)
10. Best concert of your life was…?
Beyonce’s Mrs. Carter tour. Go ahead Yonce! I also woke up like this.
11. What book are you most likely to give as a gift?
The Happiness Advantage: The Seven Principles of Positive Psychology That Fuel Success and Performance at Work. It’s a long a** title but basically, get happy.
12. What’s the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you?
I’m a huge germaphobe, and hotel rooms creep me out. So most times when I stay in a hotel (which is a lot) I request two clean white sheets. I spread one sheet over everything on the bed, lay down, then cover with the other sheet. My boyfriend lays with me…in my sheet burrito. He lets me be me.
13. South Park or Family Guy?
14. You have an entire day to do whatever you want. What would you do?
Eat. SPA DAYYYYYYY! Eat Again.
15. What movie can you not resist watching if it’s on?
16. The sports team or teams you’re most passionate about?
San Francisco 49ers and Golden State Warriors! (I’m from SF.)
17. Where did you eat the best meal of your life?
In my Grandmother’s Kitchen.
18. The last movie you saw in a theater?
Captain America: Civil War (Marvel, I’m waiting for your call, I’m available)
19. Who was your first celebrity crush?
Jordan Knight from New Kids On The Block!!!!!!!
20. What would you cook if Nic Cage was coming to your house for dinner?
Boar and red wine.
PREVIOUSLY: Bassem Youssef