John Larroquette is probably best know for his portrayal of Dan Fielding on NBC’s Night Court, a role that garnered him Emmy awards in four consecutive years. One of the biggest TV stars of the ’80s, the New Orleans native once hosted SNL and was a guest host of Johnny Carson’s Tonight Show. You may also know him from his own show, The John Larroquette Show, as well as his roles on The West Wing and Boston Legal. Currently he stars in TNT’s The Librarians and was nice enough to answer our 20 questions questionnaire.
1. You walk into a bar. What do you order from the bartender?
Club soda with a splash of Rose’s lime juice.
2. Who’s your favorite person to follow on Twitter or Instagram?
3. What’s currently waiting for you on your DVR?
Mr. Robot, The Detectorists.
4. It’s your last meal. What are you going out with?
A dozen raw oysters and my wife’s roast beef and Yorkshire pudding.
5. What websites do you visit on a regular basis?
AppleInsider.com, WashingtonPost.com, BroadwayWorld.com
6. What’s the most frequently played song on your mobile device?
“Repend Walpurgis” by Procol Harum or “A Day In The Life” by The Beatles.
7. If you could go back and give your 18-year-old self one piece of advice what would it be?
8. What’s the last thing you Googled?
9.Dogs or Cats?
Dogs. Except for my son’s cat, Stadium.
10. Best concert of your life was…?
11. What book are you most likely to give as a gift?
A Confederacy of Dunces, by John Kennedy Toole.
12.What’s the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you?
Johnny Carson invited me to guest host The Tonight Show.
13. South Park or Family Guy?
14. You have and entire day to do whatever you want. What would you do?
15. What movie can you not resist watching if it’s on?
16. The sports team or teams you’re most passionate about?
The New Orleans Saints. Period.
17. Where did you eat the best meal of your life?
Pascal’s Manale, New Orleans.
18. The last movie you saw in a theatre?
Hell or High Water.
19. Who was your first celebrity crush?
20. What would you cook if Nic Cage was coming to your home for dinner?
Gumbo and boiled ham.