(Day Two of the Jon Bois administration continues with more uncomfortably large close-ups of TV personalities. You’re welcome/I’m sorry.)
HBO has just renewed “Real Time With Bill Maher” for the 2011 season. This deal locks down Maher for 35 episodes, rather than the usual 25 or so. This means that we’ll be treated to roughly 50% more of the following:
- Liberals sitting around a table and validating each other’s opinions
- Conservative idealogue getting browbeaten by said liberals
- Unqualified actors/musicians offering opinions on foreign policy
- Bill Maher struggling through unfunny skit
- Bill Maher killing the crowd with an opening monologue that features jokes about Jon and Kate Plus 8, Sarah Palin, Snuggies, or whatever overworn shard of popular culture is within arm’s reach
- Bill Maher delivering a serious monologue at the end of the show about how food is bad
Despite all this, the show usually manages to be somewhat enjoyable. The real fun lies in trying to figure out how Bill Maher can be endearing while also being the smarmiest person in the history of the world.
I want more like this!
Follow us on Facebook and get the latest before everyone else.