Eliza Coupe is probably best known for her work as Jane Kerkovich-Williams on Happy Endings — a show we adore around here — and as Dr. Denise “Jo” Mahoney on Scrubs. Raised in New Hampshire, Coupe played ice hockey as a kid and is well-tattooed (her tats are covered for the show). Prior to her success on television, Coupe studied improv at The Groundlings, toured France in an all-female production of King Lear, and staged a one-woman sketch show at Upright Citizens Brigade.
Eliza was nice enough to take a few minutes out of her busy schedule recently to answer a few of our questions.
1. You walk into a bar. What do your order from the bartender?
Before I order anything from any establishment I use their bathroom first. I have a walnut sized bladder. Then I order a water with lemon to start….which makes me have to pee more, I’m a wicked good time.
2. Who’s your favorite person to follow on Twitter?
Hmmm…That’s a tough one…..I wanna say some news org to sound smart but really these are my top five peeps to follow: Damon Wayans Jr.: @wayansjr ,Tom Riley: @thisistomriley, Briana Venskus: @thevenskus, Thom Coupe: @ThomCoupe ,Erin Whitehead: @girlwithatail
They ALL make me laugh like a muthafuckah.
3. What’s currently waiting for you on your DVR/TiVO?
4. It’s your last meal — what are you going out with?
I play this game all the time when I’m eating my boring salads day in and day out. Ok, so it’s probs gonna be fettuccine alfredo, a burrito, a king sized snickers bar, cereal (a mix of all my faves), pumpkin pie, a couple of Cadbury eggs, toast with homemade raspberry jam, a grilled cheese sandwich and then something with peanut butter and chocolate. And then for desert…..
5. What websites do you visit on a regular basis?
I’m a real fashion whore and I used to frequent all fashion sites but now I get my fix on Pinterest. I have a real obsession with Pinterest. I hardly have any followers but I don’t care, I love it.
6. What’s the most frequently played song on your iPod?
Oh man, I dunno….. lately I’ve been back on a real Jack White binge. So basically anything from The White Stripes to The Dead Weather to even his short lived thing with The Raconteurs.
7. The first face that comes to mind when you think “punchable”?
Bush….. err… I mean a bush…a shrub…..urbs…suburbs….yeah, I wanna punch suburbs THAT’S what I meant….right, right.
8. What’s your favorite meme?
I don’t know what that is. I could take the time to look that up before answering this but I’m not going to so instead I’m going to risk looking like a real idiot and admitting to not knowing what that means…or shall I say: not knowing what that memes….?
9. Dogs or cats?
Dogs. Fuck cats.
10. Best concert of your life was…?
I saw Eminem in NH (where I’m from) and although I don’t remember much of the concert at all, I remember I had fun…or at least that’s what I was told…by the police.
11. What book are you most likely to give as a gift?
The Hunger Games.
12. What’s the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you?
My parents having sex and giving me life is pretty nice thing right? Yeah, I think so too. Thanks mum and dad. :)
13. South Park or Family Guy?
Family Guy all the way- I’m from New England.
14. You have an entire day to do whatever you want. What would you do?
15. What movie can you not resist watching if it’s on?
16. Android or iPhone?
17. Where did you eat the best meal of your life?
Really, the BEST meal? I dunno, I mean we talking atmosphere and company or like, actual food…? I’m gonna say Marlow & Sons in Williamsburg where I used to live before moving to LA, the chicken there was fucking incredible and the place is just gorgeous and cool and low key and I always went with people I really love.
18. The last movie you saw in a theater?
I rarely go to movies. I have a hard time watching a movie in full so maybe the last one I saw in a theater was…I have no idea. Wow.
19. Who was your first celebrity crush?
20. What would you cook if Nic Cage was coming to your house for dinner?
Ha! Umm….. like an authentic Italian pasta dish of some sort and we’d eat it off some sort of Elvis memorabilia type of thing, obviously, like… a table cloth made from white leather pants or I’d use some gold rimmed sunglasses as the pasta sauce ladle and of course Hound Dog or Love Me Tender would be playing in the background.
You can follow Eliza on Twitter here.
Previously: Eugene Mirman
(Pic via Shutterstock)