Jesse Tyler Ferguson is an actor probably best known for his role as Mitchell Pritchett on ABC’s Modern Family. Born in Montana and raised in Albuquerque, New Mexico, Ferguson has spent much of his acting career working in theater, most prominently in Broadway’s Tony Award-winning The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee.
Additionally, Ferguson and his fiancé, Justin Mikita, are selling a collection of bow ties through their non-profit advocacy organization, Tie The Knot. Personally designed by Ferguson and Mikita, the collection also features a tie created by guest designer, Isaac Mizrahi, and will be available for purchase online on February 26th exclusively at The Tie Bar. All proceeds from the sales will go directly to The Respect for Marriage Coalition, which works to end the Defense of Marriage Act and promotes marriage equality.
Jesse was nice enough to take a few minutes out of his busy schedule recently and answer a few of our questions.
1. You walk into a bar. What do your order from the bartender?
What kind if bar is it? Can they make a Moscow Mule?
3. What’s currently waiting for you on your DVR/TiVO?
A few RuPauls Drag Races balanced out with Downton Abbey.
4. It’s your last meal — what are you going out with?
I might have to do Fried Chicken or Sushi. All I know is I’m not cooking.
5. What websites do you visit on a regular basis?
Playbill.com. BILL not BOY! I’m still connected to the New York theater scene. Also, Gilt, Happy Place & Huffington Post.
6. What’s the most frequently played song on your iPod?
The Blowers Daughter by Damien Rice. I’m SO early 2000.
7. The first face that comes to mind when you think “punchable”?
Man: Bill O’Reilly
Woman: Ann Coulter
8. What’s your favorite meme?
I assume you mean “Mame”. Angela Lansbury.
9. Dogs or cats?
10. Best concert of your life was…?
I hate crowds. I like the HBO concert events.
11. What book are you most likely to give as a gift?
Something for the coffee table. Unless its for my mom: then anything by Stephen King or Danielle Steel.
12. What’s the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you?
My mom pushed me out of a very small hole. That was mighty nice of her because I imagine it didn’t feel good.
13. South Park or Family Guy?
14. You have an entire day to do whatever you want. What would you do?
Well I had THIS day free until I had to fill out this survey which drew me into my email. Now I can’t get off the computer.
15. What movie can you not resist watching if it’s on?
Clue. Too many brilliant comedians in one film.
16. Android or iPhone?
17. Where did you eat the best meal of your life?
I have fond memories of Christmas Eve dinner at a Mexican restaurant in Albuquerque with my whole family back when I was still a kid. Most recently: an Italian restaurant on the beach in Tulum Mexico with Justin after we got engaged.
18. The last movie you saw in a theater?
19. Who was your first celebrity crush?
Zach Morris. Not Mark-Paul Gosselaar. Zach Morris.
20. What would you cook if Nic Cage was coming to your house for dinner?
God god, I don’t know: does he have crazy dietary needs I don’t know about?
Previously: Joel McHale.