If you’re a glass half full kind of person, you can look at the 65th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards and say, “Yay for Breaking Bad winning Outstanding Drama Series for the first time, after previously going zero-for-three! And hey, Veep, 30 Rock, and Boardwalk Empire won, too. I like these shows, and therefore, it’s as if the Emmys are awarding my taste,” which is exactly how real people talk. If you’re a glass half empty guy or gal, though, the Emmys were more, “HOW THE F*CK DID MODERN FAMILY WIN AGAIN. BURN THE EMMYS.”
Me, I’m somewhere in the middle, which is probably the most hypocritical place to be. But it’s also the least maddening, because it allows me to be happy for Vince Gilligan and furious at Jeff Daniels, who somehow, someway, in-between waxing poetically about the America of old, schemed his way into winning Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series over the more deserving likes of Bryan Cranston and Jon Hamm.
For the purposes of this post, I’m going to try to praise the positives, and keep all the negatives (and my god, there were so many negatives) into one item. The more time spent being delighted by the actions of Tina Fey and Amy Poehler means less bellyaching over BUT SERIOUSLY MODERN FAMILY AGAIN?
1. Amy Poehler may have been more the deserving winner for her work on Parks and Recreation, if only because that was the category where the show appeared, but Veep‘s Julia Louis-Dreyfus had an equally impressive season. This bit she and fellow winner Tony Hale (FRIEND OF UPROXX) came up with certainly helped her case. (Via)
2. This is the only time I’ve ever laughed at anything related to Nurse Jackie. (Via)
3. Worth restating that Buster Bluth won an Emmy, if only to use this photo.
4. I bet Kevin Spacey and Tommy Lee Jones have riveting conversations. (Via)
5. Neil Patrick Harris was fine as a host (he laughed at his own jokes, but was otherwise serviceable, if unmemorable), but consider this Tina and Amy’s audition reel to HOST EVERY AWARD SHOW. (Via)
6. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Dubstep Breaking Bad. Award shows are the best/worst.
7. mrscoachreactstothings.gif (Via)
I want more like this!
Follow us on Facebook and get the latest before everyone else.