Aden Young is an actor, director and writer probably best known for his portrayal of Daniel Holden on Sundance’s Rectify, a tremendous show you should all be watching — if you aren’t already — about a man whose murder conviction is overturned by DNA evidence, leading him to be released from prison after spending 19 years on death row. (Rectify returns for its second season this Thursday, June 19.) Born in Canada, Young has spent most of his life in Australia, where his family moved when he was 9. You may have also seen him portraying Dr. Victor Frankenstein in I, Frankenstein.
Aden was nice enough to take a few minutes out of his busy schedule recently to answer a few questions from us.
1. You walk into a bar. What do your order from the bartender?
Whatever the local flavor is. Depends where you are.
2. Who’s your favorite person to follow on Twitter?
Don’t follow Twitter. At all. Not at all.
3. What’s currently waiting for you on your DVR/TiVO?
Don’t have one. I’m kinda like Bach that way.
4. It’s your last meal — what are you going out with?
5. What websites do you visit on a regular basis?
Sydney Morning Herald. ABC Australia radio.
6. What’s the most frequently played song on your iPod?
7. The first face that comes to mind when you think “punchable”?
The current Australian Prime Minister – Tony Abbott. Takes the idea to a new level. Look him up. You will be disappointed.
8. What’s your favorite meme?
Love. Spreads like wildfire I hear.
9. Dogs or cats?
10. Best concert of your life was…?
U2. Sydney, Australia. The night the Berlin Wall fell. The 80’s were good for more than big hair and line dancing.
11. What book are you most likely to give as a gift?
Cloudstreet. Tim Winton. Now there’s a story.
12. What’s the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you?
Saved my life after I have given myself up for dead when I was pulled out to sea by a rip. Haven’t laughed as hard in my life watching those ships go by.
13. South Park or Family Guy?
Family Guy. If you’re into drawings.
14. You have an entire day to do whatever you want. What would you do?
Sit down with the dead for a chat over red wine and canapés.
15. What movie can you not resist watching if it’s on?
Once upon a time in the west.
16. What’s your favorite sports team or teams?
Toronto Maple Leafs. It’s in my blood. Brainwashed by frozen ponds when I was a wee thing.
17. Where did you eat the best meal of your life?
Bangkok, Thailand. Naru. Sat at the sushi bar and was transported through time and space. Didn’t need a visa.
18. The last movie you saw in a theater?
Hubble 3D. IMAX. With my boys. Their wonder was palpable. Even the sound of the popcorn munching horde couldn’t take that away. Tried their best however. Wonder 1. Horde 0.
19. Who was your first celebrity crush?
The Virgin Mary. Everyone’s got a dark side.
20. What would you cook if Nic Cage was coming to your house for dinner?
Nothing. Man his size. Couldn’t afford to. Be like feeding a giant. But I guess everyone looks bigger in the movies.
Here’s the trailer for season two of Rectify, which begins June 19th on Sundance.
(PREVIOUSLY: Michael Ian Black)
I want more like this!
Follow us on Facebook and get the latest before everyone else.