By now anyone reading this knows that Lena Dunham is the voice of her generation, part Shakespeare, part Nora Ephron, offering self-aware, penetrating insights into the human condition — or, should I say, the twenty-something Brooklynite condition — via her HBO show, Girls, and anyone who disagrees is just a HATER or completely delusional. That said, as Drew Magary notes, Lena Dunham season is upon us, so each week we here at UPROXX will present our five favorite quotes from the previous night’s show completely out of context. You’re quite welcome.
So let’s get right to it and find out what sort of mind-bending things Hannah, Marnie, Ray, David Mamet’s daughter, that rape-y hipster dude, etc. said this week, shall we?
5. “You can’t make things that mean nothing mean something.”
4. “How old do you have to be to rent a car?”
3. “I have a sickness that someone else gave to me, and when I remember that I don’t want to huff lighter fluid anymore.”
2. “I’m sorry for your uncle f*cking you.”
1. “Does he like to eat you out from behind? Does he bite your neck? Does he sound like a dying dog when he’s f*cking you and he shoots his cum all over the place like it’s goddamn confetti.”
“You should both enjoy your urine-soaked life f*cking like the two feral animals you both are.”
“Just because I tasted her cum and spit or knew her middle name or could tell you a record she liked doesn’t mean anything. That’s not a connection. Anyone can have that. Really knowing someone is something else. It’s a completely different thing. And when it happens you won’t be able to miss it. You will be aware. And you won’t hurt or be afraid. Okay?”
Tune in again next week for more Girls quotes presented complete out of context!
(Images via HBO)