John C. McGinley is an actor perhaps best known for his portrayal of Percival Ulysses Cox (aka Perry Cox) on Scrubs, as well as for his portrayal of Bob Slydell in Mike Judge’s cult classic, Office Space. (“I’m a Michael Bolton fan. For my money, I don’t know if it gets any better than when he sings ‘When a Man Loves a Woman’.”) Currently, he stars in TBS’ Ground Floor, which was co-created by Scrubs creator Bill Lawrence and recently concluded its first season.
John was nice enough to take a few minutes out of his busy schedule recently to answer a few questions from us.
1. You walk into a bar. What do your order from the bartender?
Bushmills Black (on the rocks), with a Moosehead Lager (back).
2. Who’s your favorite person to follow on Twitter?
3. What’s currently waiting for you on your DVR/TiVO?
Ground Floor, Game of Thrones, The American Experience, 30 for 30.
4. It’s your last meal — what are you going out with? Cajun rubbed, bone in, Rib eye steak (medium rare). Creamy horse radish sauce, on the side. Onion rings (extra crispy!). Grilled asparagus. A bottle of “Melvile” Penoit Noir.
5. What websites do you visit on a regular basis?
“SI.com” “Huffington Post” “NY Times” “Deadline”
6. What’s the most frequently played song on your iPod?
“Mack The Knife” by Bobby Darin.
7. The first face that comes to mind when you think “punchable”?
Grumpy-ass surfers, poisoning the line-up.
8. What’s your favorite meme?
9. Dogs or cats?
10. Best concert of your life was…?
Bruce Springsteen. “The Seeger Sessions” Dublin, Ireland. June, 2006.
11. What book are you most likely to give as a gift?
The Boys In The Boat by Daniel James Brown
12. What’s the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you?
My wife, Nichole, said “…yes!” when I asked her to marry me.
13. South Park or Family Guy?
14. You have an entire day to do whatever you want. What would you do?
Surf, all morning. Have a sauna. Grab some grub. Catch some zzzz’s. Play eighteen, in the afternoon.
15. What movie can you not resist watching if it’s on?
16. Android or iPhone?
17. Where did you eat the best meal of your life?
An obscure Italian steak house, located up in the hills, fifteen minutes north of Florence, Italy.
18. The last movie you saw in a theater?
19. Who was your first celebrity crush?
20. What would you cook if Nic Cage was coming to your house for dinner?
(Previously: Paul F. Tompkins. Pic via Getty Images)