Lana Berry is the host of The Lana Berry Show, a podcast about sports (and tacos). Previously, she’s been a contributor at SB Nation and has developed notable followings on Twitter and Instagram. Guests on her podcast thus far have included people like MLB pitcher Brandon McCarthy, Garbage Time host Katie Nolan, PFT Commenter, and Uproxx pal/baseball writer Molly Knight.
Lana was nice enough to take a few minutes out of her busy schedule recently to answer a few questions from us.
1. You walk into a bar. What do you order from the bartender?
My quick answer was going to be Tito’s and water with lemon because I’m boring and I don’t like hangovers but wait…am I at a wine bar? More of a beer place? Because I enjoy a nice glass of pinot or cab, and I also enjoy trying different beers on tap. Shit, I just realized I’m old.
2. Who’s your favorite person to follow on Twitter and/or Instagram?
This question gives me anxiety. I think it would be off-brand for me to say anything other than Pau Gasol here. Although, @MarnieTheDog is an important follow on both platforms and people need to know that.
3. What’s currently waiting for you on your DVR?
Shark Tank and Vanderpump Rules. I will not be judged by you.
4. It’s your last meal — what are you going out with?
A giant vat of desserts. Seriously just fill a trough up, I’m dying, don’t skimp me here. And maybe a really good sandwich. And some fries. And pancakes. But also waffles. Wait, do those count as desserts? I guess it depends on what they’re topped with. I’m really hungry. Fried chicken.
5. What websites do you visit on a regular basis?
I basically just start from Twitter and go wherever it takes me. RIP Grantland.
6. What’s the most frequently played song on your mobile device?
If we’re going purely on statistics, I once let “We Dem Boyz” by Wiz Khalifa play on my phone on a loop for 24 hours straight when the Cowboys won a playoff game back in January. I have regrets.
7. The first face that comes to mind when you think “punchable”?
8. What’s the last thing you Googled?
“When the hell did Jonny Gomes join the Royals?” or something to that effect.
9. Dogs or cats?
10. Best concert of your life was…?
Probably The Rolling Stones when they played at Zilker Park in Austin. I went alone. I was 19 and had my mom drop me off. I pushed my way to the front and almost got hurt several times. It was the absolute greatest.
11. What book are you most likely to give as a gift?
“The Alchemist” by Paulo Coelho.
12. What’s the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you?
Everything my parents have ever done for me. Seriously. Everything. Also anytime someone has driven me to the airport.
13. South Park or Family Guy?
14. You have an entire day to do whatever you want. What would you do?
I thought about this for 15 minutes and couldn’t come up with anything better than eat, read, nap, and watch sports so basically what I do all the time.
15. What movie can you not resist watching if it’s on?
Any movie John Hughes ever touched or breathed on.
16. The sports team or teams you’re most passionate about?
Rangers, Dodgers, Cowboys, Mavericks. In no particular order. Or maybe the order I wrote them in.
17. Where did you eat the best meal of your life?
Probably somewhere in New Orleans.
18. The last movie you saw in a theater?
19. Who was your first celebrity crush?
I want to say it was Jared Leto when he was on My So-Called Life but I think it was probably someone much worse.
20. What would you cook if Nic Cage was coming to your house for dinner?
I wouldn’t cook anything and just hope he would leave.
PREVIOUSLY: Damon Herriman