Randa Markos would be fascinating even if she’d never thrown a punch, let alone her surprise win in the first episode of The Ultimate Fighter. Markos escaped with her family from Iraq at three years old, and came to wrestling in high school thanks to the personal struggles of her family assimilating to life in Canada. Coming off a 4-1 record, and that stunning win in the first episode, Randa was nice enough to take a few minutes out of her busy schedule recently to answer a few questions from us.
1. You walk into a bar. What do your order from the bartender?
2. Who’s your favorite person to follow on Twitter?
3. What’s currently waiting for you on your DVR/TiVO?
Last episode of Breaking Bad.
4. It’s your last meal — what are you going out with?
Shawerma and hummus with tabouli.
5. What websites do you visit on a regular basis?
Pinterestand horoscope link.
6. What’s the most frequently played song on your iPod?
“Sleeping Sickness” by City and Colour
7. The first face that comes to mind when you think “punchable”?
Nancy Grace and the mucus family on the sinus commercials.
8. What’s your favorite meme?
The “hide your kids hide your wife” bed intruder son or planking.
9. Dogs or cats?
10. Best concert of your life was…?
Theory of a dead man (only concert).
11. What book are you most likely to give as a gift?
12. What’s the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you?
Let me make a much needed phone call at a very difficult time.
13. South Park or Family Guy?
14. You have an entire day to do whatever you want. What would you do?
If I have money then shop if not then go fishing.
15. What movie can you not resist watching if it’s on?
16. What’s your favorite sports team or teams?
Don’t have any.
17. Where did you eat the best meal of your life?
At my mom’s.
18. The last movie you saw in a theater?
19. Who was your first celebrity crush?
Jonathan Taylor Thomas.
20. What would you cook if Nic Cage was coming to your house for dinner?
Lasagna cuz you can’t go wrong with that.