Retail life can be hell. To survive, you need a resident smartass who’s able to find humor in the absurdity of it all, and on Superstore (whose 4th season premieres tonight on NBC at 8PM), that smartass is played by Colton Dunn.
As Garrett McNeill, Dunn’s character is surrounded by hard workers and do-gooders, making him Cloud 9’s slacker king. It’s a role that offers Dunn plenty of chances to shine — something he did previously on Parks And Rec as an oft blazed animal control officer who popped up across six episodes. You may also know him from his appearance in Blockers and multiple appearances on both Comedy Bang! Bang! and Key And Peele, where he worked as a writer. But following your run through of Dunn’s answers to our Upoxx 20 questionnaire, you may know Dunn as the author of, quite possibly, the perfect answer to the question of what one would cook for Nic Cage.
1. You walk into a bar. What do you order from the bartender?
Whiskey neat and a water.
2. Who’s your favorite person to follow on Twitter and/or Instagram?
3. What’s currently waiting for you on your DVR and/or streaming queue?
4. It’s your last meal — what are you going out with?
Gus’ Famous Fried Chicken.
5. What websites do you visit on a regular basis?
6. What’s the most frequently played song on your mobile device?
7. If you could go back and give your 18-year-old self one piece of advice what would it be?
Google Inbox is going to shut down so don’t get used to it and recommend to all your friends.
8. What’s the last thing you Googled?
The meaning of the phrase “tit for tat.”
9. Dogs or cats?
10. Best concert of your life was…?
Flaming Lips in Amsterdam.
11. What book are you most likely to give as a gift?
A book of gift certificates.
12. What’s the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you?
My wife threw me a surprise birthday party. It was great.
13. South Park or Family Guy?
14. You have an entire day to do whatever you want. What would you do?
Grind on Destiny 2 and watch U.F.O. docs.
15. What movie can you not resist watching if it’s on?
Big Trouble In Little China.
16. The sports team or teams you’re most passionate about?
Bad News Bears.
17. Where did you eat the best meal of your life?
Redbird in Downtown LA.
18. The last movie you saw in a theater?
19. Who was your first celebrity crush?
20. What would you cook if Nic Cage was coming to your house for dinner?
Peach cobbler. He can eat a peach for hours.