Eric Idle is an English comedian, actor, author, composer, singer and writer perhaps best known around the world for his work with the Monty Python comedy troupe and for penning the Broadway smash hit Spamalot. His latest project is What About Dick?, a theatrical performance he describes as being like “Oscar Wilde on acid or like Downton Abbey, only funnier.”
Staged in Los Angeles earlier in the year, What About Dick? was filmed and is available for download today, also known as “Dick Day,” on the show’s website. In addition to Idle, the show features Eddie Izzard, Billy Connolly, Russell Brand, Tracey Ullman and Tim Curry, among others. You can watch a trailer for it here.
Eric was nice enough to take a few minutes out of his busy schedule recently and answer a few of our questions.
1. You walk into a bar. What do you order from the bartender?
A good book.
2. Who’s your favorite person to follow on Twitter?
3. What’s currently waiting for you on your DVR/TiVO?
Arsenal v Manchester United
4. It’s your last meal — what are you going out with?
5. What websites do you visit on a regular basis?
6. What’s the most frequently played song on your iPod?
What About Dick?
7. The first face that comes to mind when you think “punchable”?
A smug tabloid editor.
8. What’s your favorite meme?
What do you meme?
9. Dogs or cats?
10. Best concert of your life was…?
The Hollywood Bowl.
11. What book are you most likely to give as a gift?
God is Not Great by Christopher Hitchens
12. What’s the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you?
13. South Park or Family Guy?
14. You have an entire day to do whatever you want. What would you do?
Play guitar, read, swim, dine
15. What movie can you not resist watching if it’s on?
Some Like It Hot
16. Android or iPhone?
17. Where did you eat the best meal of your life?
18. The last movie you saw in a theater?
19. Who was your first celebrity crush?
20. What would you cook if Nic Cage was coming to your house for dinner?
Takeaway. As I’d have to leave.
(Previously: Drew Brees)
(Pic via What About Dick? Facebook page)