Hello, friends, and welcome back to the Dime Pod. This week’s edition of the Dime Pod (subscribe: Omny, iTunes, Google, Stitcher) is all over the place, discussing the NBA, the NFL, and life covering the league(s).
This week, Robby and Martin are joined by our pal Dan Woike, who covers the NBA nationally for the Los Angeles Times. His tweets are very good, so head on over to Twitter and give @DanWoikeSports a follow. Here’s this week’s podcast, with a rundown of what you can expect after the jump.
Here’s a full overview of what the gang discusses this week:
- What NBA team is most like the Cleveland Browns?
- Drew Carey has disowned the Browns, and therefore, is a coward
- Dan shows up to tell us a story about Ed Orgeron at Ole Miss
- What should we expect from the Chargers this year?
- The NFL beat life vs. the NBA beat life
- The Eastern Conference in the NBA might be top-heavy as all hell
- Why the NBA is the most entertaining league to cover
- The best stories in the NBA don’t come from the best players
- Strategically, how going from covering a sport nationally to being a beat writer is different
- Dan gives a delightful story about Arash Markazi, who has “a tremendous passion for living”
- Zach LaVine moneybags jokes are now off-limits for Dan, which is unfortunate
All of that and much, much more!