Hello, friends. It’s Thursday and you know what that means: a new episode of the Dime Podcast!
Martin and I are back with Episode 8, featuring a pair of former NBA point guards in Deron Williams and Andre Miller. We start with Deron Williams, who was on the Cavaliers’ Finals squad a year ago and now finds him in a new venture with his own podcast. Williams is one of the hosts on the “Ballers and Brawlers” MMA podcast, so we talked with him about his gym, when he got into MMA, fight parties with teammates, and, of course, some hoops.
Andre Miller joined us later in the episode to discuss his recent trip with the NBA to India to help teach kids at the NBA Basketball School in Mumbai and The NBA Academy in Delhi, the importance of international growth for the league, what it’s like to find yourself as a veteran, and his extremely veteran move of saving his per diem by eating the free media meal at the arena.
[protected-iframe id=”8a875b2a63c0161b6f355ce61d88dbf2-60970621-76566046″ info=”https://omny.fm/shows/the-dime-podcast/episode-8-deron-williams-and-andre-miller/embed?style=artwork” width=”100%” height=”180″ frameborder=”0″]
Here’s a full rundown of our conversation this week:
- Deron Williams on how he got into MMA and the podcasting world
- How his hate for traditional cardio like running turned him to MMA training
- His fight party set up
- NBA players that would make good MMA fighters
- The strength of the point guard position in the NBA
- Why the Cavs will be just fine because of LeBron James
- Martin and I discuss the rest of the West
- More likely to make the playoffs: Pelicans or Jazz
- Andre Miller joins us to discuss his trip to India
- What teams and players are most popular overseas
- The importance of international growth to the NBA
- How the league has shifted to the young guys
- Learning to become a veteran
- How the point guard position has changed in the last 20 years
- The Drew League
- When and why he started eating media meals before games to save his per diem
And much, much more!
Please feel free to subscribe everywhere and anywhere (Omny, iTunes, Google), give @Dime_Podcast a follow on Twitter and let us know what you’re thinking about the show or if you have questions or potential guests, shoot us a note to firstname.lastname@example.org, and keep an eye out for future episodes. We’re figuring this out as we go, but we’re happy to have you along for the ride.