Adam Pally is an actor probably best known for portraying Max Blum on ABC’s Happy Endings. You may also know him as Dr. Peter Prentice on The Mindy Project. Currently he stars alongside the likes of Thomas Middleditch, Nick Kroll, Brett Gelman, Jenny Slate, and Lauren Graham in Joshy, a largely improvised film about a group of guys who go on a journey to cheer up their friend after his suddenly ended engagement.
Adam was nice enough to take a few minutes out of his busy schedule recently to answer a few questions from us.
1. You walk into a bar. What do you order from the bartender?
If I’m watching my weight, red wine. If not, bulleit rye neat, splash of water.
2. Who’s your favorite person to follow on Twitter and/or Instagram?
Twitter: Chelsea Peretti, Joe Mande. Snapchat: Gil Ozeri. Instagram: Hilaria Baldwin.
3. What’s currently waiting for you on your DVR?
Keeping Up with the Kardashians. Gotta keep up.
4. It’s your last meal — what are you going out with?
Two plain cheese pizzas — not slices, whole pizzas — and ice cold birch root beer with crushed ice from any shitty Ray’s pizza or whatever in any borough of NYC.
5. What websites do you visit on a regular basis?
Hoopshype, HypeBeast, Hollywood Reporter.
6. What’s the most frequently played song on your mobile device?
Lately, “Hype” by Drake, nothing cuter than watching my 4-year old rap every word with a lisp. Of all time, Bruce Springsteen’s “Atlantic City,” once listened to that song for a year straight.
7. The first face that comes to mind when you think “punchable”?
8. What’s the last thing you Googled?
“Best coffee in Atlanta by Steven Alan” — the answer was Brash coffee and it’s the best coffee in the USA.
9. Dogs or cats?
10. Best concert of your life?
Jay Z, Kanye, Chris Martin, Beyoncé opening of the Cosmopolitan hotel in Las Vegas.
11. What book are you most likely to give as a gift?
Palace Skateboards’ new coffee table book.
12. What’s the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you?
My wife lets me come home every night.
13. South Park or Family Guy?
South Park, but don’t tell my new boss, he wrote a lot of the best Family Guys, and I love Family Guy, but South Park.
14. You have an entire day to do whatever you want. What would you do?
Stay in one bed all day with wife, kids, and dog…
15. What movie can you not resist watching if it’s on?
Throw Momma from the Train.
16. The sports team or teams you’re most passionate about?
Knicks, Mets, Jets, but that’s all about to change, I’m telling you.
17. Where did you eat the best meal of your life?
Honestly, first time I had a full meal at Animal in Los Angeles on Fairfax.
18. The last movie you saw in a theater?
First 35 minutes of Finding Dory.
19. Who was your first celebrity crush?
Christina Ricci… Crush never faded.
20. What would you cook if Nic Cage was coming to your house for dinner?
The Declaration of Independence.
PREVIOUSLY: Jazmyn Simon