Bon Qui Qui is the hip-hop alter ego of comedian Anjelah Johnson-Reyes, who is probably best known for being a cast member of MADtv. Additionally, in 2009 Johnson-Reyes had her own Comedy Central stand-up special, That’s How We Do It, and has guest-starred on shows like The Shield, Ugly Betty, and Curb Your Enthusiasm. She is also a former Oakland Raiders cheerleader and former spokesperson for Taco Cabana. Her new album and Bon Qui Qui, Gold Plated Dreams, is available on iTunes.
Bon Qui Qui was nice enough to take a few minutes out of her busy schedule recently to answer a few questions from us.
1. You walk into a bar. What do you order from the bartender?
Somethin’ sweet. Like me.
2. Who’s your favorite person to follow on Twitter?
I’m my favorite person to follow on twitter.
3. What’s currently waiting for you on your DVR/TiVO?
Oooh you know I got reruns of The First 48 on straight constant mode. I like to keep up with the Kardashians, and Judge Judy don’t play. She makes me laugh when she gets real hood on everybody.
4. It’s your last meal — what are you going out with?
Hot Cheetos and something expensive. If this my last meal I’m goin’ all out. You betta bring me a steak and lobster. I don’t even eat lobster but you betta put that on my plate.
5. What websites do you visit on a regular basis?
Well, I like to read the news to stay up-to date and educated on worldy affairs so TMZ.com is my go to. I also check out my boy PerezHilton.com
6. What’s the most frequently played song on your mobile device?
Besides my own songs I got E40 Ghost riding the whip forever on my phone. Tell Me When To Go.
7. The first face that comes to mind when you think “punchable”?
This chick from last night that tried to call me “sweetheart”! She wasn’t saying I was sweet she was tryna be a trick about things and make me feel dumb. If I didn’t just come from my meeting with my PO she would had definitely got punched.
8. What’s the last thing you Googled?
“Shemar Moore Abs”
9. Dogs or cats?
I like dogs and cats. I mean I ain’t no cat lady but I can get down with some cute cat YouTube videos.
10. Best concert of your life was…?
NKOTB when they came out of retirement. I saw them 3 times. Them lil white boys got me Hangin’ Tough.
11. What book are you most likely to give as a gift?
Driving For Dummies to every single person on the road in LA.
12. What’s the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you?
Awwwe this one time I got real sick, like throwing up and ere’thing. This guy who I had just broken up wit came and brought me some soup and Gatorade. I think he thought I would get back wit him after that but, nah. The soup wasn’t that good.
13. South Park or Family Guy?
14. You have an entire day to do whatever you want. What would you do?
Go shopping with someone else’s money.
15. What movie can you not resist watching if it’s on?
Exorcism of Emily Rose. I’m crazy like that.
16. The sports team or teams you’re most passionate about?
I’m most passionate about sports teams that have colors that match my weave that day.
17. Where did you eat the best meal of your life?
Dang all these food questions makin me hungry! Are you feeding me after this?
18. The last movie you saw in a theater?
The Wedding Ringer with my boy K Hart! That dude is hilarious.
19. Who was your first celebrity crush?
BeetleJuice. I’m tellin you I’m crazy like that.
20. What would you cook if Nic Cage was coming to your house for dinner?
Chicken. Cuz chickens live in cages.
Now enjoy Bon Qui Qui discussing the making of her song, “Shut It Down.”
PREVIOUSLY: Wayne Knight