Hello, friends, and welcome back to the Dime Pod. This week’s edition of the Dime Pod (subscribe: Omny, iTunes, Google, Stitcher) eschews basketball for the most part and, instead, decides to focus on the opening weekend of college football. Add in that Martin Rickman is abroad and the only thing that makes sense is to turn this joint into a Puntcast.
This week, Robby Kalland is joined by Tom Fornelli (@TomFornelli) and Chip Patterson (@Chip_Patterson) to help you navigate the wild world of college football wagering. Here’s this week’s pod, with what you can expect to hear after the jump.
Here’s a full overview of what the gang discusses this week:
- Martin is out and about, so we did a crossover with The Puntcast to talk the opening weekend of college football
- COLE MCDONALD HIVE STAND UP
- Robby starts talking about a punter before the four and a half minute mark
- Week 1 Big Ten action features Purdue against Northwestern
- The sport’s greatest rivalry, Civil conFLiCT, is happening
- Ride the Wave when Tulane takes on Wake Forest
- Learn about Wunders, which are your friends
- Saturday’s slate isn’t stacked, but it is still pretty fun
- Chip’s lock of the week: Texas State vs. Rutgers, take the under
- The Herm Edwards era is finally about to start
- Hey, a good game! Auburn against Washington is going to be fun
- West Virginia is a real weird team, and a Week 1 matchup with Tennessee could get real weird
- GAME OF THE WEEK: Michigan and Notre Dame, which is all over the place
- Louisville gets the misfortune of playing Alabama this weekend
- Because there’s no NFL, we have Sunday and Monday games, too
And much, much more!