The Super Bowl is many things. It is the game that determines the NFL’s champion. It is the biggest day of the year for television advertisers. It is also the biggest day of the year for degenerate gamblers.
The Super Bowl props sheet is almost endless. In actual sports books in Las Vegas, you can wager on any and everything that will happen on the field during the game itself. You want to wager on the third string running back’s yardage total? Go crazy. However, the offshore books, which have far fewer regulations, will allow to bet on pretty much anything remotely associated with the game.
Bookmaker.eu released it’s early props sheet on Monday with the extreme exotic prop options, including odds on Lady Gaga’s halftime performance and things Joe Buck and Troy Aikman will say on the air. Before we get into the weirdest prop bets available, I want to add the disclaimer that these are terrible bets and you are pretty much lighting your money on fire by betting on them (but they’re really fun).
Here are the 10 weirdest prop bets available:
1. Lady Gaga’s hair color during halftime show
If you’ve got the plug on the Super Bowl halftime hair stylist, hammer this. Otherwise, don’t bet on hair color, please.
2. Which song will Lady Gaga sing first during the halftime show?
Bad Romance -115
Born This Way +800
The Edge of Glory +900
Just Dance +1100
Poker Face +2500
Field – Any Other Song +165
Edge of Glory seems like the value play here, although I’d think that it’s more of a closing song. My hope is that it’s Poker Face, though.
3. Will Lady Gaga have a wardrobe malfunction? (Must expose intimate part of body)
I can’t stop laughing at the disclaimer attached to this prop.
4. Will Lady Gaga say “Trump” at any time during the Super Bowl halftime show?
This is a trap line. She might not say Trump, but instead spell it out or something with backup dancers.
5. How many commercials will Peyton Manning appear in during the Super Bowl broadcast?
Over 1.5 (+120)
Under 1.5 (-150)
You have to smash the over here. Nationwide and Papa Johns seem like absolute locks.
6. Will any player do the Dirty Bird touchdown celebration?
Yes, and it will be a member of the Patriots.
7. Will Michael Vick be said during the broadcast?
I’ll take yes and the candy.
8. Will Joe Buck or Troy Aikman mention that Tom Brady was drafted in the 6th Round of the NFL Draft during the broadcast?
I’m pretty sure it is illegal not to note this on a broadcast, so it’s yes (with terrible value) unless you can parlay this with “Do Joe Buck and Troy Aikman go to jail.”
9. Will Joe Buck or Troy Aikman reference the game’s odds (spread/total/underdog/favorite) during the broadcast?
No is the play here. If this were an NBC broadcast these odds would look way different. Shoutout to Al Michaels.
10. Number of times “DeflateGate” is said during the broadcast
Over 2.5 (-115)
Under 2.5 (-115)
They might bust the over in one sentence.