We’re reworking our lead-off post to give you a plate full of sports news goodness every morning. We’re calling it the Morning Meat, and it will set the table for the business that With Leather gives you throughout the day. Like everything else on this site, it’s a work in progress. Img.
THE BACON – Sizzling headlines straight from the griddle
Ed Reed is Sensitive, Tactful. Back in the day at The U, Ed Reed and Reggie Wayne were roommates. Wayne had a Burmese python named Law that Reed wasn’t too fond of. Wayne let Reed babysit while he was on the road with the Colts, and one day received a text that said, “Hey, man, Law dead.” I bet Ed Reed would make a fantastic grief counselor.
The Cards Are SO Trendy. Statistical analysis shows that victory is in the cards (HAR HAR HAR) for Arizona, but I don’t know if it’s based so much on statistics as it is Brenda Warner’s sweet dance moves. Here’s to hopin’ she doesn’t get amputated at the elbows before Saturday!
Tampa: Soccer Capitol of the WORLD! The US soccer team is all rarin’ to go in against El Salvador in their second-to-last match before naming their FIFA World Cup team. It’s in Tampa on February 24th, because Tampa is trying to show its goodies in order for the US to try to win World Cup hosting rights. The US team is 14-1-5 against El Salvador – YAY AMERICA!
14 Year-Old Cancer Kid Calls the Shots. This is a MUST READ. Ravens OC Cam Cameron has been deferring the first call of the game to someone else: his son’s classmate, Michael Costello, who has an inoperable brain tumor. Heap’s 14-yard TD vs. the Bears? All Michael. Ray Rice’s 83-yarder? You guessed it.
GQ’s Fagone is Columbo. Jason Fagone uncovered the truth about what really happened back in 2008 in the shooting outside of ex-Colt WR Marvin Harrison’s Philadelphia carwash. Color the Philly PD embarrassed.
THE EGGS – Serving sunny-side up scores containing at least one zero
THE SAUSAGE – No breakfast is complete without some links!
- Scottie Pippen is still crying and whining just as much as he did when he played in the NBA. Except this time it’s because he got whupped by Gary Coleman. Smoking Section.
- Sexy Rexy says there will be no cruisin’ for tuna tacos cuz it’s time to storm the Whale’s Vagina and KIILLLLLL! Kissing Suzy Kolber.
- Once upon a time there was a balloon floating in the air, and then one day that balloon CRASHED! at Roswell, NM. There wasn’t a little boy from Colorado in it, but there weren’t no aliens neither. Know why? I don’t know, but check out this sweet video of explosions! Gamma Squad.
- If ever there was a reason to watch The Bonnie Hunt Show when you’re not menopausal, there was yesterday when actor Matthew Goode started talking about merkins. Mmmmerkin… Inside TV.
- Now you and the rest of the world can go Deep In Denise Richards’ Valley. Ohhh…it’s a play on words! They mean ‘The Valley’. Sheesh. Inside Movies.
- Oh. My. God. So, In 10 days it will be the 1-month anniversary of Christmas. If you buy me The Bat-Umbrella we can totally hold hands! Comics Alliance.
Tips? Okay, but that’s it. Anything more and I’ll have to turn you in to HR: WithLeather-Tips@Uproxx.com.