Here are your quick and dirty for WWE Night Of Champions 2013 results. Come back tomorrow for the full Best and Worst of Night Of Champions post.
Pre-show: Tag Team Turmoil Match: The Prime Time Players defeated The Real Americans, The Usos, Tons Of Funk and 3MB. Darren Young got the pin for the Prime Time Players after a gut buster on Jack Swagger. This earned the Prime Time Players a shot at the WWE Tag Team Championships later in the night.
1. Intercontinental Championship Match: Curtis Axel (c) defeated Kofi Kingston. This match was made by Triple H because the IC title was not being defended on a pay-per-view built around the idea of all champions defending. Triple H “randomly” selected Kofi Kingston, who lost to Axel after a neckbreaker.
2. Fatal Fourway For The Divas Championship: AJ Lee (c) defeated Brie Bella, Naomi and Natalya. Lee won by submission with the Black Widow on Natalya.
3. World Heavyweight Championship Match: Rob Van Dam defeated Alberto Del Rio (c). Van Dam won by disqualification when Del Rio wouldn’t release a cross armbreaker with RVD in the ropes. Del Rio retains the title. After the match, Ricardo Rodriguez held a chair so that Van Dam could hit the Van Terminator on Del Rio.
4. The Miz defeated Fandango. Miz won by submission with a figure-four leg lock.
5. Handicap Elimination Match: Paul Heyman defeated CM Punk. The result is technically “Curtis Axel and Paul Heyman defeated CM Punk,” but Axel was eliminated via submission with an Anaconda Vice. Punk handcuffed Heyman and attacked him with a kendo stick, but before he could finish him off, Ryback appeared and put Punk through a table. Ryback then put Heyman on Punk to give Heyman the victory.