The full list of nominees for the 2015 Emmy Awards was announced in July. What followed, as will happen with these sorts of things, was two full months of speculation and mild to moderate yelling about who should win, and who was snubbed, and so on and so forth. But the time for all that has come to an end. Now, it’s time to give out some trophies!
Things to keep an eye on:
- Will Mad Men take home one last Emmy for best drama, or will another show like Better Call Saul or Game of Thrones break through?
- Will a newcomer — Silicon Valley, maybe? — topple Modern Family for Best Comedy?
- Will Andy Samberg be joined by his Lonely Island bandmates for some sort of Emmy musical number?
- Will Jon Hamm and/or Amy Poehler finally take home a statue for their roles as Don Draper and Leslie Knope, respectively, or will they get shut out again, one last time?
- How long will it take for the riots in the streets to end if they do?
And more! The ceremony starts at 8 p.m. on Fox, but feel free to swing by earlier for the Red Carpet coverage on E! at 6. You can find the full winner’s list here, but follow our live blog and open discussion here. We’ll chat about television (obviously), and snubs (Goggins!), and whatever else you want until festivities kick off for real. Here, we’ll give you a topic to jump off from: Last year the dog from Dog With a Blog wore a tuxedo to the ceremony. Discuss!