Anders Holm is the co-creator and co-star of Comedy Central’s Workaholics (now in its seventh season), a frequent Mindy Project guest star, and a former competitive collegiate swimmer. And as you’ll come to realize after reading his entry in our questionnaire series, he has a pizza death wish, real concerns about the well-being of former viral celebrities, and warm feelings for Penny from Inspector Gadget.
1. You walk into a bar. What do you order from the bartender?
Jack and ginger if I’m trying to get it going. Beer if I’m keeping it civilized.
2. Who’s your favorite person to follow on Twitter and/or Instagram?
3. What’s currently waiting for you on your DVR?
Pardon The Interruption, Charlie Rose, Hitchcock Hour, Man Seeking Woman, and a bunch of slasher movies from the ’80s that I got off Chiller Network. Shout out to Chiller. I see you.
4. It’s your last meal — what are you going out with?
Chicago style spinach pizza from Gino’s East, which would be my last meal if I ate the entire thing.
5. What websites do you visit on a regular basis?
Google News, SpeedTest.net, and something… Hub. I can’t remember the whole name.
6. What’s the most frequently played song on your mobile device?
“Life is a Highway,” Rascal Flatts. My son loves the Pixar movie Cars, so we keep that song on heavy rotation. Other than that, I’ve been playing “I Wanna Be The One” by Stevie B a looooooot lately.
7. If you could go back and give your 18-year-old self one piece of advice what would it be?
Do steroids. Just get huge and swim fast cause they don’t test for that stuff til college. Your nuts can’t possibly get any smaller anyway.
8. What’s the last thing you Googled?
“Tan Mom Dead?”
9. Dogs or cats?
Dogs. I hate cats. Except hairless cats. Hairless cats are better than any dog. Even hairless dogs.
10. Best concert of your life was…?
Beastie Boys, Ill Communication Tour. A Tribe Called Quest opened for them. Rosemont Horizon, Chicago, Illinois.
11. What book are you most likely to give as a gift?
American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis or Black Hole by Charles Burns.
12. What’s the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you?
My wife said “Yes.” Very nice of her.
13. South Park or Family Guy?
Never really watched either. Sorry.
14. You have an entire day to do whatever you want. What would you do?
I’d either watch TV on the couch or sit poolside at the Andaz Maui and read Ed Brubaker comics till I pass out from drinking Monkey’s Lunches.
15. What movie can you not resist watching if it’s on?
Doctor Detroit. Stand By Me. Most movies really. I got nowhere to be.
16. The sports team or teams you’re most passionate about?
Wisconsin Badgers. But “passionate” about a sports team, for me, is a strong word.
17. Where did you eat the best meal of your life?
Burger King at 3am in high school. Next question!
18. The last movie you saw in a theater?
Office Christmas Party. My girl Jillian Bell killed it. And TJ Miller called bronze medals “brown gold.” That was very funny to me.
19. Who was your first celebrity crush?
The mom from Silver Spoons was in the mix. Denise Huxtable. Penny from Inspector Gadget.
20. What would you cook if Nic Cage was coming to your house for dinner?
Tombstone pizzas. I know Nic doesn’t give a fuck.
Workaholics airs on Wednesdays at 10/9c on Comedy Central