Jim Norton is a comic and radio show host probably best known for his stand-up performances, as well as his time as the third mic on The Opie and Anthony Show and co-host of Opie with Jim Norton. You may have also seen him on shows like Lucky Louie, Tough Crowd with Colin Quinn, Red Eye w/ Greg Gutfeld, and Last Comic Standing. Additionally, he’s been a regular on the late night TV circuit for years.
Currently, Norton has a new comedy special available for streaming on July 23 via Epix.com and Netflix called Contextually Inadequate. In an interview with Uproxx earlier this year, Norton talked about filming the special in Boston, saying, “Boston is one of my favorite places to perform, so I’ve done my last two specials there… I love Boston. They’re aggressive, angry white people.”
Jim was nice enough to take a few minutes out of his busy schedule recently to answer a few questions from us.
1. You walk into a bar. What do you order from the bartender?
Club soda with lime and a prostitute.
2. Who’s your favorite person to follow on Twitter and/or Instagram?
Donald Trump, because I’ve always been a believer that you can never overuse exclamation points.
3. What’s currently waiting for you on your DVR/TiVO?
UFC 189 and a step by step ‘How To’ tutorial by Dr. Kevorkian.
4. It’s your last meal — what are you going out with?
Chili, ice cream and a milk shake. Simply because I know they’ll leave the undertaker a disaster to clean up.
5. What websites do you visit on a regular basis?
TSseduction.com, JimNorton.com and, of course, Uproxx.
6. What’s the most frequently played song on your mobile device?
It’s either “Bomber” by Motörhead or “Mean” by Taylor Swift. I wish I were kidding.
7. The first face that comes to mind when you think “punchable?”
Mine, in the mirror.
8. What’s the last thing you googled?
How to go from a song to the entire album on my iPhone since the latest sh*tty Apple update.
9. Dogs or cats?
Cats for petting and cuddling, dogs if I have to walk through the Bronx after 11 p.m.
10. Best concert of your life was…?
Black Sabbath, the times I’ve actually gotten to ride to the show with Ozzy.
11. What book are you most likely to give as a gift?
The Gift of Fear by Gavin de Becker.
12. What’s the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you?
Nodding ‘yes’ when I asked if she came.
13. South Park or Family Guy?
South Park, definitely.
14. You have an entire day to do whatever you want. What would you do?
Upon awakening, I’d roll over and ask Kate Upton to make me coffee before she left. I’d spend an hour watching Bobby Fischer chess videos on YouTube before seeing the Book of Mormon matinee. Afterwards, I’d eat carrot cake until I threw up on my shoes and then treat myself to a massage. If I had any energy left after the massage, I’d do a set a the Comedy Cellar.
15. What movie can you not resist watching if it’s on?
16. The sports team or teams you’re most passionate about?
UFC, which isn’t really a team, but I stopped caring about most team sports years ago.
17. Where did you eat the best meal of your life?
Sushi Nozawa in Los Angeles.
18. The last movie you saw in a theater?
Terminator Genisys in IMAX 3-D.
19. Who was your first celebrity crush?
20. What would you cook if Nic Cage was coming to your house for dinner?
I’d order out for Chinese so I could have enough time to aggressively critique all his movies.
PREVIOUSLY: Adam Savage of Mythbusters.