Joanna Going is an actress perhaps best known for her portrayal of First Lady Tricia Walker on Netflix’s House of Cards. You may have also seen her on shows like Mad Men, Spin City, CSI, and Criminal Minds, in addition to films like Tree of Life and Wyatt Earp. Currently she stars in DirecTV’s Kingdom, the second season of which premieres on Wednesday, June 1.
Joanna was nice enough to take a few minutes out of her busy schedule recently to answer a few questions from us.
1. You walk into a bar. What do you order from the bartender?
Bourbon. I’m enamored of Michter’s right now.
2. Who’s your favorite person to follow on Twitter and/or Instagram?
3. What’s currently waiting for you on your DVR?
4. It’s your last meal — what are you going out with?
A bottle of Laurent-Perrier Rose Champagne, a dozen Rhode Island cherrystone clams on the 1/2 shell, chilled lobster and my mother’s lasagna.
5. What websites do you visit on a regular basis?
Amazon, Etsy, IMDb.
6. What’s the most frequently played song on your mobile device?
“Hate My Way” by Throwing Muses.
7. If you could go back and give your 18 year-old self-one piece of advice, what would it be?
Take singing lessons.
8. What’s the last thing you Googled?
9. Dogs or cats?
10. Best concert of your life was…?
It’s a toss-up between Jeff Buckley in a tiny club in Deep Ellum, Dallas, and Prince on the Purple Rain tour.
11. What book are you most likely to give as a gift?
12. What’s the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you?
Impossible to answer. So many people have done so many nice things for me in my life, I could never single out one as better than all the rest.
13. South Park or Family Guy?
I’m from Rhode Island, so it’s Family Guy.
14. You have an entire day to do whatever you want. What would you do?
I spent a while trying to think up something cool and fun, but who am I kidding? I’m very much a lazy homebody at heart. Given a day to myself with no kid and no dogs, I’d sleep in late, putter in my garden to feel virtuous, and binge a bunch of shows I can’t watch when my daughter is around.
15. What movie can you not resist watching if it’s on?
The Black Stallion.
16. The sports team or teams you’re most passionate about?
Not a big sports fan, but New York is my soul-city, so, the Yankees.
17. Where did you eat the best meal of your life?
The outdoor dining table at a farmhouse rented in Tuscany.
18. The last movie you saw in a theater?
19. Who was your first celebrity crush?
20. What would you cook if Nic Cage was coming to your house for dinner?
My mother’s lasagna.
PREVIOUSLY: Wheeler Walker, Jr.