Justin Hires is an actor and writer probably best known for playing Juario in 21 Jump Street. You may have also seen him on shows like Key and Peele, TripTank and Jerks With Cameras. Currently he stars in creator Bill Lawrence’s Rush Hour portraying Detective James Carter, the role played by Chris Tucker in the Rush Hour film. (In a weird coincidence, Jonah Hill proclaimed Hires to be “the next Chris Tucker” back in 2011.) Rush Hour premieres tonight at 9 p.m. EST on CBS.
Justin was nice enough to take a few minutes out of his busy schedule recently to answer a few questions from us.
1. You walk into a bar. What do you order from the bartender?
Sprite. I don’t drink and I feel like a loser anytime I tell people that, lol.
2. Who’s your favorite person to follow on Twitter and/or Instagram?
Kevin Hart. That guy is inspiring and is doing things that no other comedian and actor has ever done.
3. What’s currently waiting for you on your DVR?
I still need to finish season two of Empire.
4. It’s your last meal — what are you going out with?
Lemon pepper wings, fries, and strawberry soda.
5. What websites do you visit on a regular basis?
Yours, of course.
6. What’s the most frequently played song on your mobile device?
I keep all my music on my iPod. However, I use Pandora a lot on my cell phone. Typically, it’s the Jay Z, Drake, Kendrick Lamar, OutKast stations.
7. The first face that comes to mind when you think “punchable”?
Channing Tatum, because he punched me in my face in 21 Jump Street. I’ll get my revenge one of these days!
8. What’s the last thing you Googled?
How to spell “OutKast.”
9. Dogs or cats?
10. Best concert of your life was…?
Ironically, seeing Chris Tucker live in concert when I was in college. He did two hours of material and only took a sip of water maybe twice. He was incredible that night.