Tyler Alvarez is an actor probably best known for portraying Peter Maldonado on Netflix’s American Vandal and Benny on Orange is the New Black. Born in the Bronx and raised in Long Island, the 20-year-old Alvarez is featured in two upcoming indie films, including a starring role opposite Juno Temple and Jane Levy in The Pretenders, directed by James Franco. And he will also co-star in the upcoming indie drama John Henry opposite Terry Crews and Ludacris.
Tyler was nice enough to take some time out of his schedule recently to participate in our twenty questions questionnaire series.
1. You walk into a bar. What do you order from the bartender?
A sprite! Sadly, I’m not of drinking age yet.
2. Who’s your favorite person to follow on Twitter and/or Instagram?
Cardi B. — she is hilarious.
3. What’s currently waiting for you on your DVR or in your streaming queue?
The Crown on Netflix.
4. It’s your last meal — what are you going out with?
Chicken Wings…duh…with blue cheese!
5. What websites do you visit on a regular basis?
6. What’s the most frequently played song on your mobile device?
“I Took a Pill in Ibiza” by Mike Posner.
7. If you could go back and give your 18-year-old self one piece of advice what would it be?
Don’t take yourself so seriously. Have some fun!
8. What’s the last thing you Googled?
Where is the closest McDonalds?
9. Dogs or cats?
Dogs. I’m highly allergic to cats.
10. Best concert of your life was…?
The one I performed in my shower last night.
11. What book are you most likely to give as a gift?
None. Who wants a book as a present? Do I look like someone’s auntie to you? Haha.
12. What’s the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you?
My parents have always supported me and my dreams from day one. Whether it was paying for my acting classes or driving me to auditions. They always made it work. I’m forever grateful to them for that.
13. South Park or Family Guy?
14. You have an entire day to do whatever you want. What would you do?
Sleep until noon. Eat some bacon. Take some pictures on my new camera and hang with friends.
15. What movie can you not resist watching if it’s on?
16. The sports team or teams you’re most passionate about?
I’m not the most athletic person so…
17. Where did you eat the best meal of your life?
Italy. Italians know their way around a good tomato sauce.
18. The last movie you saw in a theater?
19. Who was your first celebrity crush?
20. What would you cook if Nic Cage were coming to your house for dinner?
Well, first of all, I would make sure he’s not trying to kill me before inviting him over. Secondly, I would order in…don’t want to disappoint the guy with burnt pasta! And yes, you can burn pasta.
PREVIOUSLY: Jake McDorman