In the past, Hayley Orrantia has been the voice behind some of the pop music industry’s biggest names, having provided backup vocals for Demi Lovato and Miley Cyrus. (Orrantia recently released a new single, “Strong, Sweet, & Southern,” which you can find on iTunes, Apple Music, Spotify, and other streaming services.) But on ABC’s hit series The Goldbergs, she’s a scene-stealing star as Erica, the oldest child of the titular family and a truly vintage ‘80s high school girl.
On Wednesday at 8 p.m. ET, The Goldbergs returns for season four with a Breakfast Club tribute, and Erica will probably host a pity party over her missed opportunity with Geoff. Will she be the one making a mixtape this time? We’ll have to tune in to find out. In the meantime, Orrantia was kind enough to answer some questions for us in the latest installment of our UPROXX 20 series.
1. You walk into a bar. What do you order from the bartender?
A French 52. It’s made from gin, champagne, lemon juice and sugar… AKA the most delicious hangover ever.
2. Who’s your favorite person to follow on Twitter and/or Instagram?
I love following my co-star Sam Lerner because he posts the funniest comments and videos! He’s hilarious.
3. What’s currently waiting for you on your DVR?
This season of The Bachelorette! I haven’t been able to see a single episode yet!
4. It’s your last meal — what are you going out with?
Fried chicken and sweet tea. A southern girl’s dream.
5. What websites do you visit on a regular basis?
All social media like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Unfortunately, I am slightly addicted on keeping up to date with friends.
6. What’s the most frequently played song on your mobile device?
“Stay a Little Longer” by Brothers Osborne. SUCH A GOOD SONG!
7. If you could go back and give your 18-year-old self one piece of advice, what would it be?
Be patient. Things happen in the time that God planned for them to.
8. What’s the last thing you Googled?
Whether or not ground beef that’s been in the fridge and beginning to brown is bad to cook. Still good, in case you were wondering!
9. Dogs or cats?
10. Best concert of your life was…?
Sara Bareilles at the Greek theatre. I cried like a baby at her show.
11. What book are you most likely to give as a gift?
“Dear Mr. You” by Mary-Louis Parker. It’s one of the most touching and inspirational books I’ve read.
12. What’s the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you?
I had written my song “Until Then” about my friend who had passed away from cancer, and my boyfriend, Brandon, had a friend of his paint her portrait using the lyrics of my song. It was the most thoughtful thing anyone has ever done for me.
13. South Park or Family Guy?
Family Guy for sure.
14. You have an entire day to do whatever you want. What would you do?
Sleep in, take my time getting ready, get coffee, explore a new part of the city with friends, and see a movie.
15. What movie can you not resist watching if it’s on?
Bridesmaids. By far, one of the funniest movies of all time.
16. The sports team or teams you’re most passionate about?
Dallas Mavericks, Texas Rangers, and Denver Broncos. GO TEAM!
17. Where did you eat the best meal of your life?
Babe’s Fried Chicken in Roanoke, Texas. I try to go there every time I visit home.
18. The last movie you saw in a theater?
10 Cloverfield Lane. That movie is seriously messed up.
19. Who was your first celebrity crush?
Josh Hutcherson. He’s a cutie pie.
20. What would you cook if Nic Cage was coming to your house for dinner?
Decorate the entire house and have a National Treasure-themed dinner. Ooo! We could do a scavenger hunt!