When the end of October nears, boys and ghouls across the land transform into witches, Harley Quinns, Harry Potters, and (this year) waffle-loving Elevens. But, if you’re all dressed up in this year’s most popular costume, you’d better not just be sitting around your apartment watching the second season of Stranger Things all night. Find a party, or better yet, throw a party to celebrate this spooky, zombie-filled, chocolate and peanut butter-drenched holiday.
If you’re hosting, you can go the easy route and put out a cooler of light beer and wine chillers. Or, you can be the king of Halloween by making one of these delicious, creepy cocktails created by some of the best bartenders in America.
It’s The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown
- 1.5 Old Overholt Rye Whiskey
- .5 Allspice
- .5 Demerara syrup
- .5 Lairds Bonded Apple Brandy
- .5 Fresh Lemon Juice
- Combine all ingredients into a mixing tin.
- Add ice.
- Shake vigorously and double strain into a chilled ice full pint glass.
- Top off with Schlafly pumpkin ale and grated nutmeg.