Doin' It Well is a celebration of some of the best comments from the previous week at With Leather. It is compiled by the editorial staff and runs every Monday.
It's fun to see a good thread come together. Combining a pair of softball targets — old people and golf — several commenters combined for a terrific performance on the post about a 92-year-old man who shot 74. It was a nice, solid team effort: a good mix of one-liners and recall of previous posts to enrich other jokes. Some choice selections:
- Timmy: As part of his endorsement deal, Tiger Woods will be a Buick LaCrosse transformer by the time he's 92
- jimmy: The depressing thing is, I think I'd be more likely to drive a golf cart off a 75 yard cliff like that last old man than hit a 74.
- jack: I think I'd rather drive off a cliff than be 92
- DeadlyDeadlyHawk: I think he's made of scrotums.
After the jump, more favorites from the last week.
- Ben Ogilvie Home Perm on the custody battle for Braves tickets: "This happens with Brewers tickets all the time, but the out-of-court settlement is decided by the winning sausage from the most recent home game."
- Yamabushi on a Cards fan's Neg-Burns/Mullet combo: "Business up front, party in the back, and serial killer on the sides."
- Peter McSheisty on Amanda Beard's upcoming magazine signing: "The only person I ever waited in line for an autograph for was Bill Clinton. And he had no problem signing my chest."
- Hugh B. Brown on Brett Myers's tire-changing skills: "A guy armed with a tire iron, next to a limo, on the Jersey side of the Lincoln Tunnel? Way to spoil the Sopranos finale."
- whowillsexmutombo on the sexiest vegetarians: Can't we have a 50 way tie and agree that all vegetarians are sexy? And by "sexy", I mean "annoying".
And finally, two winners on the two dozen African soccer fans who died tragically last week:
- TEXAS: I guess they might wanna change their slogan from, "South Africa, we're Dying to have the World Cup!"
- Punch Rockgroin: I could absolutely see this happening during the August 18 Exhibition matchup between the Arizona Cardinals and the Houston Texans. You know, with everyone running for the exits?