By now anyone reading this knows that Lena Dunham is the voice of her generation, part Shakespeare, part Nora Ephron, offering self-aware, penetrating insights into the human condition — or, should I say, the twenty-something Brooklynite condition — via her HBO show, Girls, and anyone who disagrees is just a HATER or completely delusional. That said, as Drew Magary notes, Lena Dunham season is upon us, so each week we here at UPROXX will present our five favorite quotes from the previous night’s show completely out of context. You’re quite welcome.
So let’s get right to it and find out what sort of mind-bending things Hannah, Marnie, Ray, David Mamet’s daughter, that rape-y hipster dude, etc. said this week, shall we?
5. “That wasn’t retweeted as much as it should have been, so I appreciate the support.”
4. “It’s really hard for a Jew to gain respect in sports.”
3. “You look like someone I hated even when I was dating them.”
2. “There’s no need to terminate sex just because we’re not meant for each other.”
1. “Fedoras are worse than genocide.”
HONORABLE MENTION: None
(Pics via HBO)