Jade Tailor is an actress probably best known for portraying Kady Orloff-Diaz on Syfy’s The Magicians, which returns for its third season tonight (January 10) at 9pm ET. You may have also seen her on shows like Murder in the First, True Blood, and Vegas. Jade took some time recently to participate in our 20 questions questionnaire series.
1. You walk into a bar. What do you order from the bartender?
Club Soda with a splash of pineapple. I don’t actually drink alcohol.
2. Who’s your favorite person to follow on Twitter and/or Instagram?
Hmm… So many to choose from. But I’m gonna go with the Dalai Lama.
3. What’s currently waiting for you on your DVR and/or streaming queue?
The Magicians, of course! And the Maya Angelou documentary, anything on Vice. Peaky Blinders, Stranger Things, Friends, pretty much a ton of classic films and my guilty pleasure… Outlander.
4. It’s your last meal — what are you going out with?
I’m eating an entire bowl of hummus and an entire Fruit Tart.
5. What websites do you visit on a regular basis?
Google, Alabe.com, Huffington Post, IMDb, CNN, Pinterest, Broadway.com. Do YouTube, Instagram and Twitter count?
6. What’s the most frequently played song on your mobile device?
“I Was Here” – Beyonce. It’s my alarm every morning.
7. If you could go back and give your 18-year-old self one piece of advice what would it be?
I would remind her to “put her own mask on first before helping others.”
8. What’s the last thing you Googled?
“Andra Day’s Stand Up For Something”
9. Dogs or cats?
BOTH! I have two cats and a dog.
10. Best concert of your life was…?
India.Arie. Stevie Wonder came out on stage in the middle of it to surprise her. Two of my idols in one place. I was blown away!
11. What book are you most likely to give as a gift?
Anything written by Maya Angelou.
12. What’s the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you?
My mother. She gave birth to me. Don’t know if you can top that.
13. South Park or Family Guy?
Family Guy. Hands down.
14. You have an entire day to do whatever you want. What would you do?
Whatever I want? As if I had a magic wand that could do anything…? I would change and heal the world. And while I’m at it, I’d like to perform, sing/act, create, maybe win an Oscar and star on Broadway. Is that too much to ask for? ;)
15. What movie can you not resist watching if it’s on?
16. The sports team or teams you’re most passionate about?
I’m not a big sports girl but if I had to choose… I would say the Dodgers cause I’m from LA and I was on a little league Dodger team as a kid. They only girl, might I add.
17. Where did you eat the best meal of your life?
Israel!! I can eat hummus for days.
18. The last movie you saw in a theater?
Thor. It was surprisingly great and really funny!
19. Who was your first celebrity crush?
I think it had to be Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones.
20. What would you cook if Nic Cage was coming to your house for dinner?
Nic Cage… I don’t know. But I don’t think anyone can turn down a good hummus.
PREVIOUSLY: Patrick Fischler