Zuri Hall is a television personality probably best known for her work as a correspondent on E! News, and as the host of the MTV aftershow for The Challenge. Zuri was nice enough to take a few minutes out of her busy schedule recently to answer a few questions from us.
1. You walk into a bar. What do you order from the bartender?
Hmmm, if it’s been a long day, then a Long Island Iced Tea. Otherwise, Prosecco!
2. Who’s your favorite person to follow on Twitter and/or Instagram?
I love Chrissy Teigen’s Instagram. She’s so fun and feisty. She doesn’t take herself too seriously and neither do I.
3. What’s currently waiting for you on your DVR?
I was like the only person in the world who didn’t get to the entire first season of Empire, so I’ve been playing MAJOR catch up!
4. It’s your last meal — what are you going out with?
A lot of sodium and fat content, that’s for sure. A perfectly marbled rib-eye steak, smothered in onions (that I won’t eat, because I only like their flavor, not the texture) and smashed potatoes with butter & herbs. Also, my mom’s baked macaroni & cheese. I guess I should put something green in there, huh? Maybe green beans (but simmered in meat, because I need flavor).
5. What websites do you visit on a regular basis?
YouTube. I have my own channel, HeyZuriHall, so I’m constantly on there engaging with my subscribers, and it’s also fun exploring other people’s channels. I somehow always find myself tumbling down the rabbit hole of articles on DailyMail.co.uk and eonline.com, of course!
6. What’s the most frequently played song on your mobile device?
I’m beyond obsessed with “Omen” by Disclosure & Sam Smith right now. Blasting the song while smoldering my eyes in my bathroom mirror and pretending I’m in the music video is kind of my thing, at the moment.
7. The first face that comes to mind when you think “punchable?”
8. What’s the last thing you googled?
Flights to Italy for a totally non-existent vacation.
9. Dogs or cats?
I like cats’ personalities. They’re kind of moody, and I dig that. Although, I’m allergic, so dogs. Also, dogs don’t have nearly as many issues expressing their emotions. Basically, I’m a cat.
10. Best concert of your life was…?
Surprisingly, I haven’t gone to a ton. I went to the 2014 MTV VMAs, and it was the year Beyoncé stole the show and did that mini-concert and Jay & Blue came on stage with her at the end. That was kind of awesome. Also, NKOTBSB was a childhood fantasy come true, but I’m still holding out for an N*SYNC reunion. I never got to see them in my fan-girl years. JT needs to let this happen for me.
11. What book are you most likely to give as a gift?
It really depends on the person. If it’s a friend who loves the kitchen, a cookbook. If it’s a friend whom I suspect is out of her mind, probably a 12-step guide to something. I just finished The Alchemist, and it has some themes I think anyone could relate to and appreciate, so maybe that.
12. What’s the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you?
Loved me unconditionally. I’m not sure I make that easy to do, ha.
13. South Park or Family Guy?
Family Guy. That is SO not debatable.
14. You have an entire day to do whatever you want. What would you do?
Sleep in. Take a cool class like cooking, or painting. Maybe go zip-lining. Eat at a five-star restaurant with delicious food, but one that’s not pretentious, because I want to be able to enjoy the food. Not worry about how I’m holding my butter knife. Is my budget unlimited? If so, scratch all of that. I’d take a private jet to the nearest island and lay out on the beach with a rum punch, Jamaican Jerk chicken and the newest issue of Cosmopolitan.
15. What movie can you not resist watching if it’s on?
The Great Gatsby. I hate watching movies more than once, like I know what’s gonna happen. Why am I still sitting here? But Leo’s version is such a stunning visual spectacle; it pulls me in every time.
16. The sports team or teams you’re most passionate about?
The Ohio State Buckeyes! Ohio State is my alma mater, and yes, I say “thee” before announcing the name of my university, as it should be.
17. Where did you eat the best meal of your life?
At my mom’s house every holiday!
18. The last movie you saw in a theater?
An advanced screening of Legend, starring Tom Hardy.
19. Who was your first celebrity crush?
First true one, Justin Timberlake (N*SYNC era). That guy was the center of my prepubescent universe for a few good years.
20. What would you cook if Nic Cage was coming to your house for dinner?
Haha, huh?! Umm… I don’t know. The same thing I cook everyone, I guess, my spicy chicken Parmesan with a nice red wine, or maybe I’d order out and pretend I made it, since it’s Nic Cage. Actually, I think it’d be more interesting if he cooked for me.
PREVIOUSLY: Vincent Rodriquez III