When This Dog Ate Half A Bottle Of Gorilla Glue, It Created A Perfect Mold Of Its Stomach

[protected-iframe id=”a33cb8a12492629d5f4b9367bb529bac-60970621-60765065″ info=”https://kutv.com/embed/news/offbeat/dog-swallows-gorilla-glue-vet-extracts-perfect-mold-of-stomach” width=”650″ height=”400″ frameborder=”0″]

If there’s one thing every dog owner eventually learns, it’s that your sweet, fuzzy ball of joy will take the opportunity to eat everything and anything, the second you turn your back. Rocks, cat litter “brownies,” fly traps, various doors, entire apple pies… These are just a few of the things dogs I have owned or known in my life have eaten. Hell, my dog is currently suffering from a bout of diarrhea and I have no idea what she got into, but I know she got into something.

If you’re really unlucky, whatever your dog eats results in an emergency vet visit, such as in the case of Oklahoma City resident Krystal Wilson’s six-month-old Weimaraner named Lake. Wilson had been working on a home project using the super strong adhesive Gorilla Glue, disposing of the half full bottle when she was through with it. Unfortunately, that’s where Lake found it in the trash.

Gorilla Glue supposedly has a rather sweet, inviting taste to animals and children, which seems like the worst possible quality for an industrial-strength adhesive to have. Once Lake started vomiting later that night, Wilson knew something was wrong and took her to Dr. Leonardo Baez of Midtown Vets, who spent two hours operating on what appeared to be a “gruesome science experiment.”

Even though Lake had only consumed a small amount of the glue, it had swollen up inside of her, creating the perfect mold of her stomach, which contained bits of the bottle and grass that the puppy had also apparently eaten as an added bonus. “It’s hard not to feel guilty,” Wilson later told NewsChannel 4. “You feel like you kind of failed. We were very upset that we failed, but you can’t prevent everything.”

Thankfully, Lake bounced back quickly from the surgery and is expected to make a full recovery. Dr. Baez recommends that adhesives be stored “up high or in a box where the pets and the kids cannot get to it.”

(Via NewsChannel 4)