This should be very interesting… How many “beefs” will result from this?
Not that I agree with this list…But I wouldnt put it past MTV to announce Lil Wayne Kanye or from maybe out of the woodworks Drake as their pick…but if i had to put money on it…Kanye mainly because wayne was somewhat last year wit C3 and 808’s was this year…I think
I’d say Kanye. He has put out some ridiculous features, sold out shows for months on end…everyone in pop culture America has an opinion about him. He put it down this year…. Damn the year is almost over.
Joe Budden and 50 Cent lead the vote heavily. So it’s all about internet voting fans.
What’s up with BISD by the way? I guess Fiddy’s album gone be pushed back again.
Yea Buddy, Thas Pretty Accurate Numbers……Joey, Fif, Banks & Em All Been Doing Work…Wayne Or Ye Does Not Belong Atop This List, They Barely Rap
If its not Kanye in the #1 spot then MTV loses credibility.
Dug AV, lol. Na, who knows
I know yall say internet votin but lets be honest, besides 50 mixtapes & banks as well as EM album…who else u gonna say?
Im luvin it, the homie fif iz actually gettin the acolaids he deserves. I was expecting him to not even be mentioned on the list. GET EM FIF! G UNIT!
still waitin for someone to tell us somethin rather then form your own opinion… lol @ both being considered! thisisbooboo mus be doin o.t.! They got the hackers hackin… lmao!
I think Lloyld Banks hacker team voted for him…lol
MTV’s list can’t be trust’d… not when their network line-up mainly consists of entertainment that caters to young suburbia. I’m not sure if any main-stream media source can accurately judge who is relevant in hip-hop…. that seems like a job best left for the individuals who actually make the music… Besides who ever puts out the next hot mixtape or diss track will be the “hot” rapper for the moment… SMH!!! Who gives a shit anyway?
GUCCI MANE!! Hottese MC in da game hands down BURRR! how da fuk Joe Budden in the lead? when this nigga a one hit wounder “pump it up” dat was in 03 and 50 cent diz nigga fell off in 05 lost hav of his fans but yall east coast NY niggaz love him when he cant rhyme and over song and lyrics sound the same.
Real talk, and in no particular order:
Kanye, Drake, Gucci, Weezy, Jay, Fab and Slaughterhouse. Honorable mention: Em and Ross (not 50, come on – who really thinks 50 is one of the hotter, much less hottest rappers this year? Let’s be real).
I know it seems crazy, but over the past 8 months or so, these dudes have been the “hottest” rappers. That’s just real – whether we like it or not.
50 cent is the hottest mc period…. he deserves this right now…
who had the net buzzin wen he was attack by ross….50 that’s right and he delivered….although his singles might not make your charts it is way more than wat is being play right now. 50 cent = hip hop
@ # 12. quit hating.. get up was fire….i get in was cool and ok you’re right was for you..
BISD I’M BUYIN 50 cent’s album….
Remember its “hottest MC” not “Best MC”, i think it would have to be Drake, Wayne , Or Kanye. Those are the hottest out right now but definitely not the best.
He is always at a bowling alley. Well, at least the last segment I watche, he was at one in New Jersey talking about a mixtape he just did and Jay-Z, of course. With Sway
wow niggas is gonna be mad JOE is at the top, him and drake are the hottest niggas out right now…. i aint feelin drake like dat…. i been a joe fan since 01…. so it looks like hes gettin hot again…. and gettin his jus due…. he self marketed himself into this position he made yall mad, but he made himself erelavent again…..
NOT SURPRISED TO SEE 50 CENT AT THE TOP,HE HAS GENERATED THE MOST INTEREST BOTH LOCALLY AND INTERNATIONALLY IN 2009 THANKS TO THISIS50.COM AND OFFICER RICKY FLOPPING.
THEY SHOULD REPLACE JOE BUDDEN WITH TAHIRY
The GENERAL is leading the Polls with 27% of the votes LMAOOOOOOO I know u Hating A$$ F* Boys are TIGHT RIGHT NOW!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!! LMAOOOOOO
Thank god those GayWAYNE stans didnt come out of the wood works voting for Man KISSIng gremlin
50 has the Hottest Mixtapes in the GAme right now and hes the Most TAlked ABout he will be #1 and if he isnt then it was Work!!!!!
iF i HAD TO MAKE A TOP FIVE LIST RIGHT NOW BASED OFF OF SKILL AND NOT THE BUZZ THEY CURRENTLY, IT WOULD BE…..
5 – (Fraud ass) William Roberts, can’t front he can ryme.
4 – 50 Cent – Not as lyrical as he used to be but he keeps it 100.
3 – Z – Ro (Somebody needz to sign him wtf)
2 – T.I – (If you really listen to his lyrics you can see the man is lyrical, also has a self made career.
1 – G – Unit (No other rap faction is as known as the Unit, plus it’s hard to find a rap group where every member has lyrical talent, lastly they are the HIGHEST PAID TOURING GROUP in rap and ONE OF THE HIGHEST PAID TOURING GROUPS in music history)
i listen 2 alot of mixtapes as well as albums but just to say who has been releasing heat this yr and in no particular order i would say slaughter house,lloyd banks,50 cent,cassidy last mixtape was banging all the way through,hell rell mixtapes are always classics as well as his albums be pretty decent.how can fab not aleast be getting that 10 percent that banks and em got?t.i. killed it this yr and why is jay-z not mentioned?
50 is going to win just see foryourself when it air on TV sometime i think that show is riged.
1. Jay Z – he’s on another level, he’s the God MC
2. Eminem – his lyrics are unmatched and no one rap so vividly
3. J. Cole – stop sleeping people, this guy is the truth
4. Kanye – consistancy
5. 50 Cent – his mixtapes were crazy and he has held a certain level of hype all year
Honorable Mention: Twista anf Fabolous had great albums respectively.
Side Note: In all honesty, I think Lil’ Wayne got worse with every song. And I am a former big Lil’ Wayne fan. His shit is corny now. He’s not a goon or a goblin or an alien. He’s let that lean mess up his brain.
Also, they need to define what “Hottest” means. Lyrics? Hype? Consistancy? Performance? Impact? Everything combined?
I wanna see on that list ; Em, Jay-Z, Drake, Lloyd Banks, 50 cent, Wayne, Kanye, the rest I dont care
my nigga yayo need to be on that list he has great mixtapes and he is the best out of G-unit.
only young east coast cats say 50 dat list is got 2 be young east coast.
no jay-z,T.I.,Kanye,Jeezy,game,ross,plies,or even wayne, yeah straight weak east coast cats.
MAN EVERYBODY LOVE TO HATE ON DA BOY WEEZY BUT NUMBERS DONT LIE…AND NUMBERS SHOE DAT WAYNE AND YOUNG MONEY PERIOD BEEN KILLING DA GAME IN LAST COUPLE MONTHS…AND BESIDES WEEZY IS DA HARDEST WOKING RAPPER IN DA GAME HE SHOULD BE NUMBER ONE….
I hear all of this Budden talk… Ask anyone on the street or even ask someone who religiously follows hip hop to give you at least two popular Joe Budden hooks. No one will no where to start. Seriously, does Joe Budden get that much love where you guys are at. Cause he gets no burn out here. He doesnt even get talked about on the radios…..I cant think of one thing that Joe has been known for other than beef and getting socked in the eye. WTF kind of hot MC is that????????
WESTCOAST…. hooks never made hip hop, lyrics did….. go listen to mood muzik 3 and halfway house, if u dont feel those, suttins wrong wit chu homie
The Mike Jordan of this recording shit…HOV..#1..if not him then who?
Ur man is 39…not even on his prime..and is mentioned with the 20 year olds…hehe…can u imagine..Jay-Z @25…RD days…MTV pulling this list and start mentioning a load of mid to late 30 year old rappers…Kool Herc..freaking…I don’t know…who was in their mid 30s back in 1996..but u get the jist…
Jay-Z always comes up and his doesn’t even have music out..wtf??
How many G-Unit stans post these comments – or is it just one person with multiple names?? GTFOH if you say that 50 is one of the “hottest” rappers right now. And biggs50, c’mon are you serious??? I promise I give props where its deserved which is why a lyrical mushroom like Gucci still makes the list. Like I said, whether we like it or not, he’s a ‘hot’ MC on a couple songs in heavy rotation around the country.
Before you say 50, you need to say Jada for example or even Fab. C’mon man. Be real.
Certain wack folks SHOULD NOT make the list like soulja boy, gucci, ross, wayne folks like that.
They NEED to put J.Cole, and Brother Ali on there.
My list would be in no particular order
Yeah and Jada’s album was real decent
yall are idiots the list clearly states “hottest MC” within the last few months if that’s the case the list in no particular order should be
1. Gucci Mane- his fucking mixtapes put out since his release speaks for itself. He is featured on more than 1 number 1 radio played songs since january (break up with Mario ad sean Garret, Make da trap say aye, obsessed remix with maria, and a new song you will soon catch on to with Wale called pretty girls.
2. Drake- His mixtape is like an album has a vid out for it already, need i say more
3. jay z- D.O.A. created so much controversy plus its a decent song, and his new single we run this is starting to be played a lil too much
4. 50 cent- the 2 mixtapes he dropped alone besides Gucci Mane’s have been bodyin the rest of this industry if we talking bout quality songs not just lyrics because if it was just that then cassidy, banks, fab would be vying for the top spot.
5. FAB- say what you want ABOUT HIS LADIES ALBUM bar for bar he is top 5 lyricists right now, and top 5 artists. Throw it in the bag remix with drake is a problem and so is the original.
6. Eminem- don’t care much for the guy but gota respect it and check it, album was dope stayed relevant with his controversy with mariah and nick cannon.
7. Young jeezy- trappin aint dead mixtape was on point, the shot at gucci and juiceman 24/23 started back the rivalry of the A’ and his new album is on the way i think he is a lock for this list.
8. Kanye west- his verse alone bodied jay’s 2 verses on the we run this song and his concerts are extremly crowd pleasing.
9. Lil wayne- putting young money on the map is more than enough to get him on the list they are a talented group of young individuals plus his song stay strapped is fiya, hate him or love him weezy belongs on the list.
10. Yung La/Soulja boy- its a toss up for both artists because Aint I and turn my swagg on had the most remix’s of any song in the past 6 months, they aint 2 lyrical but they lil nigga swagg and catchy songs has everyone paying attention. soulja boy also had kiss me through the phone and gucci bandana with who? yea Gucci Mane who to me is the Hottest right now.
Slaughter house- a group of talented lyricists say no more
Lloyd Banks- plk da shit that dropped on his bday has single material on it and its a double disc mixtape, and still 1 of the most feared mc’s
Rick False- dont fuck wit dude but can’t hate the beef with fif helped him out notoriety wise and his album was mediocre
chamillionaire- although mixtape messiah jus dropped the body of work speaks for itself an underated artist but got my recognition.
How does NAs has %1 on that poll? HIP HOP IS DEAD
Joe getting that many votes because ppl dont wanna see him get murked lol. Naw hes like a top 15 rapper maybe but fighting for the top spot… idk about that one.
n y the fucc is joe budden on that list
i lke some of his old mixtape shit
but he ant hot rite now
@ Max G….Im not saying he is incapable of making hot songs, fact of the matter is that Joe Budden is “filler” rap. He makes songs that people hear, no one listens to him though. Im shocked you even know two songs from him….Hey to each his own. Im just not buying into any hype. Joe Budden is famous for getting socked in the eye and showin his girls ass on the net. If I put out enough blogs and show my girl half naked all over the net, I’d get some kind of buzz.
joe buddden=eastcoast souja boy
50 cent=eastcoast shorty lo
Both of these niggas is weak so they camps need to stop bloggin to market these weak artists cuz we aint buying the bullshit
FUCK THESE NEW RAPPERS……… NAS SHOULD BE THE BEST MC WHENEVER WHEREVER
ace hood should be in the top 10
This should be the official list
Lil wayne would be higher but not feeling his new rock shit but everyone knows when it comes to it he firrrrrreeee.
Joe Budden just moans on a track – wasteman!!
50cent aint real so whys he talking plus hes boring!!
Kanyes voice is mad annoying sounds like a spoilt bitch!!
1) Drake: Hottest rapper in the game, also one of the best debuts ever in hip hop, mixtape was treated like an album in reality, labels fighting for this guy, was on hottest tour in country until he got injured
2) Jay Z: keeps reinventing himself every year it seems, BP3 buzz is off the charts, DOA shook the hip hop world, Chosen to headline VMAs w/ Lady Gaga, ROC Nation label is starting to take off
3) Fabolous: #1 rap album in the country w/ 99,000 records sold the first week, great album too if I may add
4) Lil Wayne: on the hottest tour in the country right now, Cash Money label is the hottest in the country other than ROC Nation
5) 50 Cent: Mixtape hustle is beyond crazy right now. Got the streets on lock. New album comin in September, has had a solid buzz all year long
6) Kanye West: Had a killer verse on Jays song, producing the BP3, guest features on songs are crazy, and he’s back to rapping again LOL
7) Eminem: the highest first week selling album of the year with a lil over 600,000, Guitar Hero game with Hov
8) The Game: only cuz of his “beef” with Jay Z in all honesty, also that LAX tour he’s doin in Europe, but even that has turned into a “Death of Hov” fiasco… smh, new album comin as well “Red Album”
9) TI: Even though he’s locked up him releasing these videos has kept his name relevent this year, the issue with Alphamega isnt hurting TI either LOL
10) Gucci Mane: one of the hottest if not the hottest rapper in the south, guest apperances and mixtapes are makin crazy noise right now
Honrable mention: Young Jeezy, Diddy (LMAO), Lloyd Banks, Dr Dre, Nas, Rick Ross, Ace Hood, Ghostface,
“you cant a nigga in the city thats tougher// i got 3 year run like TS at the rucker”
millz aint on that <_<……….
i know some mite b tired of hov after all these years but jay-z shut down the entire hip hop word with doa. if u love it or hate it, everyone had an opinon bout doa. every move he makes is news. interview with oprah, remix’s on other peoples records, upcoming albums….HOV all day. im not a huge drake fan but his buzz is undeniable. i thing T.I and Em will make their way back in the top hottest MC’s this year. mayb even ross. his beef with 50 was heavily talked about
Fab need to be in the mix
BIG ups 2 my nucca JOE BUDDEN….keep doing ya thing….da nucca got mad lyrics and was mad overlooked…now that he popping up everywhere especially the net cuz he got sites on locked and he working hard to get to the limelight again, no matter what he do to get it yalll hataz cant deny da nucca got mic skills which is rare these days….