Which tickles your taste buds the most, the Pink Drink, or the Purple Drink? Or maybe the Blue Drink? Whichever color of the rainbow is for you, make sure you keep quiet about it. Because, ssh!, they’re secret menu items at Starbucks…or are they?
Nope. Starbucks has demonstrated that they’re totally on board with the recent explosion of rainbow-colored iced beverages. Last week, they posted a photo of a multicolored heart made of bits of paper and the caption “Your creations = our inspiration” on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. They also regrammed a fan post with the recipes for each drink — and have begun directing inquisitive customers to it:
The Officially Official Starbucks-Sanctioned Recipes for each drink:
- Pink Drink: Strawberry Acai Starbucks Refreshers made with coconut milk instead of water
- Orange Drink: Orange mango juice with vanilla bean powder and a splash of coconut milk
- Green Drink: Iced Black Tea with matcha, made with coconut milk instead of water
- Blue Drink: Iced Passion Tango Tea with vanilla syrup, made with soy milk instead of water
- Purple Drink: Iced Passion Tango Tea with vanilla syrup and blackberries, made with soy milk instead of water
Of course, the drinks still aren’t official items on the menu, so don’t expect your barista to automatically know how to make a Green Drink. (Humble suggestion: keep this page bookmarked on your phone so you will always have it handy in the ordering line!)
And although we’ve said this before, we still want to know: where’s the Yellow Drink? Has no one come up with one to complete the rainbow yet? Don’t leave us hanging — we want to taste the entire rainbow, not just part of it!