Oooo, Ahhh, *dead*
With all the Avatar-related depression CNN reported (based on their crack research into message board posts Filmdrunk was making fun of the week before), it was only a matter of time before Avatar straight-up killed a man.
According to AFP, the 42-year-old cinemagoer, surnamed Kuo, had a history of high blood pressure and suffered a stroke while watching the film in in the northern city of Hsinchu (Taiwan). Emergency room doctor Peng Chin-chih told AFP: “It’s likely that the over-excitement from watching the movie triggered his symptoms.” [Ed.- He then added, “This movie is so exciting, your brain will s*** the bed! Avatar, in theaters now.”] The China Times reported that the incident represented “the first death linked to watching James Cameron’s science-fiction epic”. [TheRegister via Geekologie]
The first death. Only the first. Expect more of these as people try to spraypaint themselves blue and die from fumes, or jump on a leopard thinking it’s a leonopteryx, or get strangled by a blogger for buying an Avatar
t-shirt before even seeing the movie. Papyrus font changes a man.