After a night of being cross-faded, if you’re out of Advil®, the best cure for that migraine the day after is more liquor. So just in case you’ve started get comfortable with Game’s Purp & Patron mixtape, he’s unleashed a sequel, The Hangover, to help you rid those morning after blues. Last week’s offering wasn’t bad, especially in comparison to his 2010 releases, but there was still definitely room for improvement. And following a week of non-stop hype building, expectations are higher this go around. Jayceon has already come on record, declaring that this one will be even better than the last.
And from my preliminary listens, it doesn’t sound like he was bluffing. Some of the joints like “The Hangover,” and “Undefeated,” definitely have that 2005-06 West Coast sound, with Game mercilessly wrecking great beats courtesy of names like Timbaland, DJ Skee, and Sean C & LV. Game’s finally rediscovered his comfort zone, and the product is that much improved.
If The Hangover does perform well enough to meet the bar, the career that appeared to be in its twilight, has yet another shot at resurrection.
01. The Hangover (Prod. by Mars of 1500 Or Nuthin’)
03. Yung Stunna (Feat. Birdman)
06. White Soft Porn (Feat. Mars) (Prod. by Marz & Renz 1500 Or Nuthin’)
07. Get Familiar (Feat. Timbaland) (Prod. by Timbaland)
08. Lost (Prod. by Amadeus)
09. I’m Home (Feat. Kurupt)
10. This Way (Feat. JoiStaRR) (Prod. by Mars of 1500 Or Nuthin’)
11. 3D (Feat. David Banner) (Prod. by Mars of 1500 Or Nuthin’)
12. Drama (Feat. Ghostface Killah & Joell Ortiz) (Prod. by Sean C & LV for Grind Music)
14. Young Chris feat. Eve, Black Thought, Game, Money Malc, Fat Joe, Fred the Godson, Diggy Simmons & Jermaine Dupri – Philly (Mega Mix)
15. Undefeated (Feat. Busta Rhymes & Marsha Ambrosius)
Get bent to this…